July – September
- Revenue amounted to MSEK 457.0 (380.3) corresponding to a growth of 20.2 % year-on-year. Continued strong growth for the Group’s B737 fleet, partly offset by reduction in the Norwegian postal network.
- EBITDA amounted to MSEK 12.2 (27.8) corresponding to a margin of 2.7 % (7.3).
- Earnings per share of SEK -0.55. (-0.95).
- The Group has signed a new overdraft facility up to MSEK 75.0 with a Swedish bank.
- The second B737-800BCF Next Generation Freighter, has been delivered to the Group.
- Due to a growing market interest for ATP aircraft outside Europe the Group has defined a large number of parked ATP aircraft where the decision is to sell them.
January – September
- Revenue amounted to MSEK 1,279.9 (1,148.8) corresponding to a growth of 11.4 % year-on-year. Continued strong growth for the Group’s B737 fleet, partly offset by reduction in the Norwegian postal network.
- EBITDA amounted to MSEK 87.6 (59.9 ) corresponding to a margin of 6.8 % (5.2).
- Earnings per share of SEK -1.22 (-2.93).
- Capital contribution of additional MSEK 6.7 made by certain shareholders, in addition to the contributed MSEK 25.0 made during 2017. New share issue decided and registered in April.
- Long term contract in place with one customer for operations of the four committed B737-800 aircraft, of which two were delivered during the period.
- The Group sold four ATP aircraft including two aircraft managed through the collaboration agreement, in March. The sales contributed a significant income.
Key performance indicators for the Group
|All figures in MSEK unless stated otherwise||Jul – Sep||Jul – Sep||Jan – Sep||Jan – Sep||Jan – Dec|
|EBITDA margin (%)||2.7%||7.3%||6.8%||5.2%||7.9%|
|Cash and cash equivalents incl unused overdraft facility||152.9||111.7||152.9||111.7||173.4|
|Cash flow from operating activities||38.7||43.0||129.8||155.7||233.7|
|Earnings per share before dilution (SEK)||-0.55||-0.95||-1.22||-2.93||-2.28|
|Net interest bearing debt / EBITDA**||4.9||6.2||4.9||6.2||5.0|
|Interest coverage ratio**||2.2||1.7||2.2||1.7||2.0|
|Equity / Asset ratio||1.7%||2.0%||1.7%||2.0%||5.3%|
|Fleet dispatch regularity||99.5%||99.5%||99.2%||99.5%||99.4%|
|Aircraft in service (incl. wet leases)||43||44||43||44||42|
|*Definitions of key performance indicators and other measures can be found at the end of this report.|
|**Defined by the corporate bond loan WEST002 terms and conditions. See note 10 for more information. The loan was issued December 2015.|
Full report available for download:
For further information, please contact:
CEO, Fredrik Groth, +46 (0) 10-452 97 09
CFO, Magnus Dahlberg, +46 (0) 10-452 95 49
This information is information that West Atlantic AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 2018-11-30, 18:00 CET.
About West Atlantic
The West Atlantic Group is one of the market leading providers of dedicated airfreight services to European NMO’s and airfreight capacity to Global Integrators and Freight Forwarders. The Group has a well-established geographic network and operates a customised aircraft fleet, whereof a majority is wholly owned. West Atlantic was founded in 1962 and is headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden. Operations are performed all over Europe and 2017 West Atlantic had 459 employees. For 2017 West Atlantic reported revenues of MSEK 1,589 and EBITDA of MSEK 126.
West Atlantic AB (publ) Org. no: 556503-6083, Box 5433, SE-402 29 Gothenburg, Sweden